Reflections
I. Failures, Regrets, and Learning:
There is a steep learning curve we all encounter when reaching out and learning new things. If not for those failures improvement would be impossible. These failures are merely vessels for learning, and here I share mine in order to aid others.
The biggest overall mistake I made was not involving other people in the writing process. It’s not that the work was too great for one person. The work is easily managed by one person, but it doesn’t represent the diversity of the country well in this piece. It would be more interesting to me if I could have made this piece more meaningful by including more people in the creation of it. Having researched the legislation that I wanted to include, I should have spent one day in the library (or another public forum) asking people if they would like to participate. The multiplicity would have added a very interesting dynamic.
A much more minor failure was the timeline I chose. I did not give sufficient time to doing the actual project. I would have liked more time for the completion of the whole, but many more small deadlines for pieces of the project. Time management is tricky because largely it was trying to get motivation AND inspiration at the same time. Not an easy feat when exams are on the horizon.
I started with the most important piece, then because of circumstances I moved away from what I originally intended. If given the chance or choice, be careful about doing it. There was a loss of the vastness of the contradictions of American ideals. Balance is key, but remember to stick with the goal.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Reflections
This is the reflections that I have in a supplementary paper with the piece.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment